Wednesday 6 October 2010

Loaf or roll, what should I call it??


بسم الله الرحمــن الرحيم

I love this loaf, it is soft inside and kind of crispy outside. These ingredients should give you two medium-sized loaf, I've done one and it came out huge, but nonetheless, I really liked it.

Ingredients:

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tbs olive oil
1 tbs brown sugar (I've seen it used in many bread-baking so I gave it a try)
1 tbs yeast
1 tsp salt
around 1 and 1/4 cups water

Method:
  • Mix water and yeast
  • Mix flour, sugar and salt. Add water and yeast, and knead
  • Add oil and knead for around 10 minutes
  • sprinkle flour on the dough and cover for one hour
sorry I don't have a picture before the doubling of size
  • After one hour, roll the dough into a long-shaped bread and cover for other 30 minutes
  • Now cut the top of the loaf using a knife into three lines
  • Bake the dough for around 40 minutes or until it is ready
  • leave to cool before serving
I know it is a bit pale, but I am an impatient person.



No comments:

Post a Comment