Wednesday 9 February 2011

Date cookies

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم


These are the kind of cookies we serve for guests, or finish them off ourselves. We have them with Arabic coffee , but you can enjoy them with a glass of milk as well :). While I watch the tv, I remove date seeds, eat the date, or make a cake, or these cookies . In this way the task doesn't become really boring.

the date ball
Ingredients (slightly adapted from here) :
1-1 1/2 cup date (depends how much date you want in your cookies)
1 tsp cinnamon powder
200 gram salted butter
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 or 3/4 cup caster sugar
  • Mix the date with Cinnamon powder and set aside
  • Beat butter and sugar till light and fluffy
  • Add eggs, one at a time, add vanilla
  • Add flour, mix till combined
  • roll small part of the dough using a rolling pin, add some rolled date, close it and cut, emm I can't explain it, but hope the photos are able to.




  • bake in oven set to 175 degrees Celsius for ten minutes
  • keep in tight container



7 comments:

  1. Jazakallah kair for the recipe! This is exactly what I was looking for. I am planning to make a bunch of different cookies for EID (tomorrow we hope)!! May Allah bless you and your family. I will tell you how they turn out. I do not have caster sugar here inthe USA though (I hope reguler white sugar will work).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asalam alaykum dear...
    You can make your own caster sugar by grinding the regular sugar :)...
    Inshallah it turns out great
    Happy eid :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG THIS IS WHAT MY BEST FRIEND MAKES. SHE HAS TAUGHT IT TO ME ONCE BEFORE AND I COULDNT SEEM TO GET IT. WHEN I MADE YOURS THEY CAME OUT AMAZING THANKS ALOT AND GOD BLESS YOU. JAZAKALLAH KHAIR YA SISTER.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will try insha Allah.. much thanks and love

    ReplyDelete
  5. was your butter soft or cold? I did it from cold butter and dough came out crumbs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. JazakAllah for the recipe. It was very easy to understand and I am so excited to try. Feroza

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it going to make it

    ReplyDelete