بسم الله الرحمـــن الرحيــم
In our culture, heavy fried spicy food is popular and you get hundreds of recipes which include oil And loads of oil. I remember I had one of my husband's cousin with her family in my place, and she couldn't believe that this dish can be tasty without adding all the spices and frying all the ingredients, but she was convinced afterwards.
Personally I can't cope with really spicy food although occasionally I'd have some.
This is a very easy dish (I like easy dishes) and it is great with rice or bread (who can live without these two= that won't be me).
1 kg chicken (a whole chicken or any part, I used thighs here)
To marinate the chicken you need: 8 garlic cloves mashed+1 tbs mashed ginger+salt+ pepper
two medium potatoes cut into squares
1 tomato diced
1 small sweet pepper
(I always add tomato and potato, the other vegetables go in if I have them)
The juice of two lemon
8 فصوص ثوم مهروسة+ ملعقة طعام زنجبيل مهروس+ ملح+ فلفل
حبة فلفل حلو
- Marinate the chicken, mix with the potatoes and put it on a pan over a law heat and cover the pan.
- keep checking it and if it gets dry, add little bit of water
- when it is nearly done, add tomato, carrot, green pepper and cover
- when it is done, add lemon and coriandar
- if you would prefer it dry, bake it in a preheated oven for 15 minutes or so