Monday 31 January 2011

Biscuit Sandwich Cookies

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم



I have a small cook book called "Gorgeous biscuits" -family circle, and I have been looking in the net for a link to refer to it but couldn't find any information. Well, I can take a picture of my copy but it is in a really bad condition lol. My son loves it and walks around with it, and you can find it thrown everywhere.

Anyway, I've attempted baking these specific cookies because of my son. He has seen the pictures and insisted on having them. The cookies are chewy, not the crunchy or crispy type that some people like. Personally I prefer the crunchy cookies if I am using a filling.


The filling has the tangy lemony flavour. I wanted to make the caramel filling but I didn't have condensed milk, but sure I will attempt it next time.

If I feel down, sad or a bit depressed, I bake. It does make me feel better. Specially if some frosting is involved. :)

Ingredients (for the cookies):

125 gm butter
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 egg
1/4 tsp vanilla
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup self-raising flour

Lime butter filling (ingredients):
60 gm butter
1 cup icing sugar
2 tsp lime juice
finally shredded rind of a lime (I didn't add this)
(for the filling: beat butter and sugar until smooth, add the lime juice, beat till mixture is speadable).

  • Preheat oven to 165 degrees Celsius
  • beat butter and caster sugar until fluffy and creamy
  • Add the egg and 1/4 tsp vanilla and beat well
  • sift the flours and fold them into the mixture, I used a wooden spoon then continued with my hand
  • you might need extra flour as the dough is quite soft
  • using biscuit cutters, cut into desired shapes

  • bake in batches for 10-15 minutes.
  • cool the biscuits then cover half of the biscuits with the filling and sandwich with the other half.
  • it makes around 50 pieces of biscuits.
for the caramel filling:
30 gm butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup condensed milk
  • melt butter, brown sugar and condensed milk in a pan and bring to boil till mixture thickens
  • cool and spread on biscuits

No comments:

Post a Comment