بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Quite similar to chapati I posted before, but with less ingredients and a slight different frying method.
Ingredients (makes 12 medium sized parathas):
3 cups all-purpose flour
3 tbs oil for the dough (plus more for frying)
1 tsp salt
1+ cup water
- Mix all ingredients (except ghee), knead the dough in a floured surface, add more flour if it sticks and knead till you get a smooth dough, the longer you knead the better
- take small portions (size depends on how big or small you want your parathas)
- Using a rolling pin, roll the balls till they are thin. Add a little less than a teaspoon of ghee and rub over the chapati
- roll them as shown in pictures (after this step, you can put them in a flat surface with flour so they don't stick to each other, and freeze them. take them out to room temperature and fry them).
- heat a pan (medium heat), add a teaspoon of oil and top it with the rolled paratha
- you might need to squeeze the paratha a little, so it can have some colour, then add a teaspoon of oil on top of it, and turn it..each side should take around two minutes.
- serve warm, but you can still reheat them without adding any oil, or freeze them straight after they are cooled.