بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
I made this to celebrate the start of ramadhan (few weeks ago). The sponge cake recipe has been a favourite for few years now. However, this is my first time to make the chocolate ganache, if you like bittersweet taste of chocolate, than you would love this.
Sponge cake recipe:
Six large eggs, separated (make sure that the white has no traces of yolks)
1 cup caster sugar, separate in half and sifted
3 tbs water, room temperature
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup flour
3/4 tsp cream of tartar
vanilla (I also add cardamom powder, around 1/2 tsp)
1 cup flour, sifted, and remove one spoon and add one spoon of corn flour- or use cake flour instead
- Beat egg whites till foamy, add cream of tartar and beat till egg white form a peak.
- add half of sugar to the egg white gradually while continuing beating it, set aside
- beat egg yolk and then add remaining half of sugar while continuing beating.
- add vanilla, cardamom powder and 3tbs water to the egg yolk and continue beating.
- sift the flour gradually to the egg yolk mixture and fold for few seconds using a wooden spoon
- fold the egg whites mixture into the flour mixture gradually
- be careful not to overmix
- pour your batter into a lined pan, I use a cheese cake pan so it is easy to take out your cake when its ready. Be careful not to add any butter or oil to your pan.
- bake in 170 degrees preheated oven for 30-40 minutes
|too hot and it is starting to melt :)|
- 500 gram dark chocolate
- 1-2 cups cream
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 2 tbs butter
melt butter, chocolate and corn syrup together in low heat
when it is melted add cream, mix and use