Bismillah elrahman elrahim
Beef stew (maraq laham)
I love this dish, we have it with white rice (it is put on the rice)
and salad for lunch. It is so simple yet delicious.
1 kg beef cubes
2 medium potatoes, cut into cubes
1 small tomato peeled and cut
5-8 garlic cloves, mashed
1 tbs ginger, mashed
carrot+onion+ cauliflower (optional)
water (around three glasses or more)
black pepper, salt and lemon (to your flavour)
- marinate the beef with garlic, ginger, salt and pepper
- put the marinated beef in a pan, add water that almost covers the meet, cover and cook.
- if the meat is taking long time to cook, keep checking the water, you might need to add more
- check the meat, when it is nearly done, add potatoes
- then add tomato
- when the meet is tender, add lemon juice and coriander leaves, and it is ready to be served.