Wednesday 20 October 2010

So soft cupcakes with cheese icing




بسم الله الرحمــن الرحيم

I know, I am so bad in choosing a title for my post..It is really hard for me thinking of an attractive title..:D..

I didn't intend to post this cupcakes and their icing, because it was my first time attempt in this icing so I thought it might be a disaster in a hot weather like here, even with all the air-conditioning, well it was quite soft and it didn't stand high and proud..but the result was good..and I loved the taste...:) I didn't take many pictures for the mentioned reason..

Cupcake recipe:
200 g butter
1 cup caster sugar
4 eggs
3 cups self-raising flour
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp orange rind

  • preheat oven to 175-180 degrees
  • beat butter, sugar until fluffy
  • add eggs and vanilla and orange rind and continue beating
  • add in milk, flour and beat for a short period or stair with a spoon
  • drop batter into cupcake cases, bake for around 20 minutes.
  • let them cool totally before adding the icing
Icing ingredients: adapted from here:

1 8oz pkg of cream cheese - room temperature, divided in three parts
2 tablespoons unsalted cold butter
1 tablespoon shortening
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup powdered sugar
(I used less because I did make half of the cupcake ingredients and didn't frost all of them)

  • I mixed the butter and sugar till fluffy and light, and added the rest of the ingredients while the original recipe asks you to add the rest alternately, which I didn't notice till I finished :D..

No comments:

Post a Comment